About This Project
Job: Victoria Falls Viewing Platform – Scottish Highlands
Client: Scottish Forestry Commission
Dates: June 2015
iBEX began work in June 2015 to construct a viewing platform comprising of a steel structure with timber decking and hand rails on Loch Maree, west of Inverness. This was a remote location to work in and presented numerous logistic challenges.
- Groundworks began to clear the wooded area and establish footings for the platform and subsequent footpath.
- Mesh and re-bar were installed and concreted in to provide the footings for the path and platform.
- Resin fixed bars were installed for the platform anchors and footpath fence posts
- The steel platform was fabricated off-site in sections, having been trial erected prior to galvanising, then delivered to site to allow on-site assembly
- The hand rails and decking were all custom made on site by iBEX technicians
- The viewing platform and footpath were constructed in just 14 days, on time and to budget